Since every church is located in some type of transition, every local church is
encouraged to study their congregation’s potential.
But how and when do we assess the church’s potential
to maximize our Kingdom Impact?
When a church begins to plateau or decline in their growth and vitality, it is time to ask:
“What are we able, willing, and committed to do to fulfill the Call and Commission of the
Choosing the Faithful Path is a weekly Bible study and facilitated assessment process to guide
churches in making an honest choice and developing a faithful plan of action to move forward
faithfully and effectively as a church.
- Coaching for the pastor to provide support and accountability throughout the process.
- Two hour introductory seminar to prepare participants for study and assessment assignments.
- Eleven Bible study sessions rooted in the practice of the spiritual disciplines including
worship, prayer, holy conversation, and communion.
- Review of objective data about the church and local community including current statistics
and demographic studies.
- Practical and straightforward questions regarding the church’s potential for ministry in the
- Clear pathways and step-by-step guidelines to develop an Action Plan for one of two
pathways: Re-Innovation or Transition to Legacy.
- Practical guidance for congregation and leaders.
- Follow up within six weeks for follow-through on Action Plan.
Approximate length: 12 weeks including the introductory seminar, weekly Bible study, and development of an Action Plan.
But how and when do we assess the church’s potential to maximize our Kingdom Impact? Since every church is located in some type of transition, every local church is encouraged to study their congregation’s potential.