Understanding the Power of the Words We Speak
by John Franklin Howard
“I can’t believe I said that!”
“What was I thinking?”
You have been there before, haven’t you? We all have. If you have a problem controlling your tongue, you are not alone.
The Bible has a lot of practical insights on how to use the words we say for helping and healing instead of hurting.
What if we could harness the power of our words for good instead of for causing harm? What if we used our words to solve problems instead of creating them? What if we used our words as positive forces to counter the waves of negative attitudes and emotions we find around us?
In this book you will learn Biblical principles to help you to:
- control your tongue.
- discover how to respond when words of criticism and complaint are directed at you.
- speak words that improve your relationships with those closest to you.
- use words to move the mountains you face in your life.
- learn to speak words that build others up instead of tearing them down.
- find out the ways words reflect the true state of your heart.
- use positive words to overcome negative situations.
- learn how to change your life by changing your words.
- use your words to connect you closer to God.
The Bible is filled with practical insights that will help us learn to choose our words, and use our words, wisely. This book will guide you to make the most out of what you say.
Purchase Say What? now using your credit card through Authorize.net’s secure processing site
Purchase Say What? now using your credit card and your Paypal account.
Also available for your Nook at Barnes and Noble.
From the Table of Contents
- Chapter One: Taming The Tongue
- Chapter Two: For out of the Abundance of the Heart the Mouth Speaks
- Chapter Three: The Things that come out of the Mouth come from the Heart
- Chapter Four: Mountain Moving Words
- Chapter Five: Say The Word
- Chapter Six: The Fountain of Life or a Babbling Brook?
- Chapter Seven: The Tongue of the Wise brings Healing
- Chapter Eight: The Soothing Tongue is a Tree of Life
- Chapter Nine: The Power of Life and Death
- Chapter Ten: With your Mouth you Profess your Faith and are Saved
- Chapter Eleven: Say What?
- Chapter Twelve: When the Bull’s Eye is on You
- Chapter Thirteen: Overcome the Negative with the Positive
|Subtitle:||Understanding the Power of the Words We Speak|
|Author:||Rev. Dr. John Franklin Howard|
|Number of Pages:||192|
|Bulk pricing available:||Yes|